Saturday, June 28, 2008

It is uncertain whether there will be a new MOU signed with Vietnam, which would allow adoptions to continue. Unfortunately, there has been no movement in our agency and the likely hood that we will receive a referral from our agency before September 1, 2008 is very slim.

As a piece of good news, our agency tells us that they are moving into a new country where we will be able to adopt from. The timeline on this is uncertain.

We know and believe that God has led us in the direction of adoption and while it seems that the adoption has been placed on hold for now we believe in God's perfect timing we will complete this adoption. We so appreciate your prayers for us through all of this and ask that you continue to pray with us going forward.

Ashley

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Friday, April 25, 2008

Sad News

On Friday we found out that the DIA (Department of International
Adoption) announced the decision to process all adoptions for those who
have referrals by September 1, 2008. Previously, the DIA has said that
they will process all adoptions for those whose dossiers are logged
into the system by September 1, 2008. While it is possible that we will
receive a referral by then it is very possible that we will not.

We are caught somewhere between hope and grief over the potential loss.
We expect to know more as the week unfolds and over the course of the
next few weeks. I will keep the blog updated as new information
unfolds. We appreciate your prayers for us during this uncertain time.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Monday, April 21, 2008

News

There are a couple of things happening right now that I wanted to share with everyone so that you will know how to pray.

Officials at Phu Tho are now willing to allow two investigations with 7 cases, including our two from our agency. While this may not does not affect our adoption directly it is good news and the bottle neck that exist may start flowing again.

Also, from our agency we have heard that the DIA has requested guidance from the Prime Minister on the handling of dossiers and referrals if the MOU is not extended
about 13 hours ago The US Embassy in Hanoi scheduled the next agency meeting for May 29,2008. 1 day ago"

Please be in prayer that those who have influence on this whole process, in official positions, that their hearts would be softened.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Progress

We received a bit of good news yesterday that our agency shared with us. They are now licensed in two new provinces, Ha Giang and Lai Chau. We continue to anticipate good news after a very long wait and will continue to share good news, no matter how small, as it comes along. Thank you again for your prayers!!!!

Rob and Ashley